OUR PHILOSOPHY OF CARE – Patient-Centered Medical Home
As a Patient-Centered Medical Home, the Liberty Resources Family Health Center believes that all people deserve high quality medical care that is easily accessible and coordinated across all elements of the broader health system. We treat patients with respect and dignity and understand that our backgrounds are varied, cultures are diverse, levels of education are different, but that our health concerns matter equally.
We believe in the fundamentals of primary care: prevention, early detection, and timely treatment of acute illness. We treat the person as a whole and integrate treatment of mind and body under one seamless care team through close collaboration with the onsite, integrated Behavioral Health Center and Genoa Pharmacy.
- Same Day Access for Sick visits
- Half hour appointments with providers
- Timely ED and hospital follow-up
- Flawless communication of lab and radiology results
- Referrals completed in real time, before you leave
- Provider continuity- same provider each visit, if requested by the patient
Specialties of our Care
- Onsite lab draws in the same room that you are seen
- Onsite behavioral health services including counselling, psychiatry, group therapies, drug and alcohol treatments with unified primary care and mental health personalized treatment plans
- Behavioral health intake appointments made in real time through warm handoffs
- Onsite pharmacy and full time pharmacist available for consultation
- Onsite medical assisted treatment of opioid related illness
- Comprehensive women’s health assessments
- Comprehensive contraception planning and pregnancy prevention treatments
- Same day access to STD screening and STD preventive counselling
- Onsite comprehensive care coordinators
- Onsite IV fluids and medications when indicated to try to prevent ED visits
- Onsite spirometry testing to assess for and treat asthma and COPD
Medical Director and Family Medicine Physician Dr. Farzad Sarmast has years of emergency room experience here in Syracuse. He is passionate about using that experience in providing patient-centered care to our community.
Family Nurse Practitioners work independently and in collaboration with the health care team to deliver family-focused care. Carol Anne Kozik, FNP and Jody Coppola, FNP bring years of private practice experience and give back to our community by teaching future NPs at LeMoyne College.
Our Nurses assess, track, and advocate for your health needs through maintenance, prevention and/or management of your chronic condition.
The Medical Assistant team at Liberty Resources helps you prepare for your visit, assist with scheduled tests, and coordinate with referral specialists.
A Peer Specialist is onsite to connect with patients that need help and encouragement to achieve wellness goals and provide guidance through the health care system. Care Coordination services are also available.
HOURS AND LOCATION
1045 James Street
Syracuse, NY 13203
Monday – Friday
8:30AM – 4:30PM
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
To schedule an appointment call: 315-413-7865
Download the New Patient Application to bring to your first appointment.
Liberty Resources accepts the following insurances:
New York State Medicaid
Blue Choice Options Medicaid (Available to consumers in limited counties)
CHILD HEALTH PLUS PRODUCTS
Blue Choice Options
Medicare (Limited Availability)
Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicare Advantage Plan
Fidelis Medicare Advantage Plan
Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield and Most Out of Area Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans