OASAS Residential Services: Next Step Supportive Living
The Next Step Supportive Living Program is a 21-bed program licensed by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS). It consists of five scattered apartment sites and a house located near Maxwell House that can accommodate seven men. All apartments are within walking distance of desired community resources. Staff is available to all apartment residents 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Residents are encouraged to continue rehabilitative treatment as needed, and to begin pursuing any educational or vocational goals they have identified. Discharge planning commences from the day residency begins. Trained staff members work with residents to develop individualized service plans, outlining goals that will assist them in maintaining abstinence and achieving housing, employment and educational goals. Residents take an active role in all decisions regarding their treatment and discharge planning. The criteria for program admission are as follows:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a diagnosis of alcohol/chemical dependency
- Requires the support of peers in an alcohol and drug free environment
- Abstinent from alcohol and mood-altering drugs
- Completed a course of chemical dependence treatment or rehabilitation in an inpatient or outpatient setting
- Have an established support system and recovery plan
- Must be able to function without 24 hour a day on site supervision
- Does not have a psychiatric or developmental disability that would render the individual incapable of participating in the program and level of care available in this program
Download and complete Residential Services Appl. Please submit application, bio-psychosocial evaluation, physical examination, lab work, and PPD results, via email: email@example.com or fax: 315-280-0482. A staff member will make contact to schedule a phone screen.
When admission criteria are met, the applicant will be admitted or placed on a waiting list for services.