Liberty Resources is pleased to announce the assumption and integration of Onondaga Pastoral Counseling Center, an Article 31 NYS Office of Mental Health (OMH) licensed clinic into the Liberty Resources array of program services. OMH approved the operating license for Liberty to assume responsibility for the Center effective 12/28/07. Based on this successful integration of our two organizations, we have renamed the Clinic the David S. Brownell Center in honor of retired Onondaga County Mental Health Commissioner Brownell who has given so much of his time, dedication and professional career to people of our community and NY State. Commissioner Brownell was instrumental in assuring that mental health services did not diminish in capacity or availability for Syracuse and the surrounding communities during the transition between OPCC and Liberty Resources.
For the time being, the Brownell Center will continue to operate out of its present location, 324 University Avenue. In the fall 2008, the Center will relocate into a new state-of-the-art facility located at 1045 James Street. In response to our growing need for program service space, on October 1, 2007, Liberty Resources purchased 1045 James Street, in Syracuse NY. This facility, a 50,000 sf, two story brick building, is adjacent to Liberty's present corporate headquarters. With building plans very much on track, we will commence major reconstruction of this property to accommodate the Brownell Center and other Liberty operations. Significant changes to the facade will be made which will substantially alter the appearance and functionality of the new building. Construction activity will begin immediately with leasing activity available for several other Not-for-Profit organizations who will be co-locating with Liberty in the new facility. We also plan significant changes in our information technology (IT) infrastructure, upgrading IT systems to include video conferencing over the internet, distance learning, and new methods of managing data and information needed for program operations. A Grand Opening celebration for the new facility and the formal dedication of the Brownell Center is planned for early fall 2008.