OASAS Residential Services: Maxwell House
Founded in 1991, Maxwell House is an 18 bed community residence licensed by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) that serves men in early recovery. Residents have access to a full range of treatment options and support services. The criteria for program admission are as follows:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Have a diagnosis of alcohol/chemical dependency.
- Be abstinent from alcohol and mood-altering drugs, except drugs prescribed by a physician familiar with the person’s treatment for chemical dependence.
- Must have completed a course of chemical dependence treatment or rehabilitation in an inpatient or outpatient setting, or be involved in an intensive course of chemical dependency treatment in an outpatient setting.
- Must be in need of continued care in a structured residential setting.
- Must be in need of chemical dependency services on an outpatient basis and these services must be confirmed with an outpatient provider.
- Does not have a psychiatric or developmental disability that would render the individual incapable of participating in the program and level of care available in this program.
A diversified staff provides counseling and supportive services to help residents fulfill their service plan goals. Staff utilizes principles of Motivational Interviewing to support individuals and empower them to make life choices that promote and sustain stable housing options conducive towards their recovery and health. Residents are provided case management services, referrals to needed community providers, supportive counseling, recovery planning, relapse prevention and daily living skills training.
Maxwell House is staffed and open year round. Family members are encouraged to visit and participate in collateral services to foster healthier family relationships. The overall program direction is provided by a qualified health professional trained in mental health, family systems, and substance abuse issues.
Download and complete Residential Services Appl. Please submit application, bio-psychosocial evaluation, physical examination, lab work, and PPD results, via email: email@example.com or fax: 315-280-0482. A staff member will make contact to schedule a phone screen.
When admission criteria are met, the applicant will be admitted or placed on a waiting list for services.