Liberty Resources is a great place to work! Search our current job openings
Skill Builder – Part Time
The Skill Builder is primarily responsible for providing direct services to children with complex, significant mental health needs in their homes and communities, thereby decreasing the need for placement to intermediate psychiatric inpatient and residential treatment facility levels of care. The Skill Builder also provides support and guidance to the Waiver child’s family. Essential Job Functions:
Design & provide activities that assist children in developing skills for age-appropriate tasks;
Implements activities designed to enhance, among other things: social skills, activities of daily living, vocational skills and school success;
Provide support and instruction to Waiver families, including siblings, to support the Waiver child in maintaining their skill sets;
Maintains and updates individual case records and accurately documents services provided.
Safety Intervention Specialist, Cayuga or Onondaga County (Per Diem)
Provides the following client specific services:
- Intervene to stabilize children and families when in crisis.
- Provide immediate, short-term intervention to families in crisis.
- Provide on-going activities in the home designed to avoid crisis situations.
- Provide a variety of interventions including but not limited to psycho-education, crisis de-escalation strategies, parent-child relationship building, and improvement of parenting skills.
- Meets minimum face-to-face client contact requirements as prescribed by the program.
- Participates in the HCBS Waiver Services 24-hour on call duty.
Master’s degree in one of the following fields: audiology, child and family studies, communication disorders, community mental health, counseling, education, nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, psychology, recreation, recreation therapy, rehabilitation, social work, sociology, or speech and language pathology, human services, human development, criminal justice or other related degrees,
OR a NYS Teacher’s Certificate, and two (2) years experience providing direct services for children with one or more of the following primary diagnoses: mental illness, mental retardation, alcoholism, chemical dependency or substance abuse.
OR Bachelor’s degree in one of the above fields, or a NYS Teacher’s Certificate, and four (4) years experience providing direct services, or providing linkage services, for children with one or more of the following primary diagnoses: mental illness, mental retardation, alcoholism, chemical dependency or substance abuse.
Click here to search “Safety Intervention Specialist” or Req #768 to find more details on this position.
Looking for a community based position? Have knowledge of health services and want to join a fast moving, growing, excellent team? Liberty has the opportunity for you!
Health Home Care Management services are designed to assist children, adults and families in accessing and utilizing the health care system. Our Care Coordinators work to foster those linkages so that children and their families have access to mental health, medical, social, psychological, educational, financial, vocational, and other services to maintain maximum level of independence and community functioning.
Supportive Services Include:
- Act as a support to children and their families.
- Help make doctor’s appointments.
- Help connect service recipients to specialists and providers.
- Arrange transportation for appointments.
- Facilitate communication with schools.
- Provide referrals to community support services.
Looking for Care Coordinators in Onondaga, Madison, Cayuga, Monroe.
Bachelors of Science or Arts with 2 years relevant experience; Registered Nurse with 2 years’ experience. Master’s with one year of experience. Must have a valid New York State driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
Direct Support Professionals
- Are you interested in building a career with opportunities for advancement?
- Do you want to make a positive impact on someone’s life every day.
- Is having a strong work/life balance a top priority for you?
Direct Support Professionals strive to provide person-centered services that enrich the lives of individuals receiving services from Liberty Resources. These services focus on increasing a person’s independence and to prepare each person to live more independently. Emphasis is placed on creating an environment that encourages the individuals to experience a full life.
Great Entry Level Opportunity for Recent College Grads with interest in Human Services, Psychology, etc.
Click here to search “Direct Support Professionals” to find current openings and locations.
Liberty Resources operates 14 Individualized Residential Alternatives (IRAs) located throughout Madison and Onondaga Counties. In these residential settings, 4-6 individuals live with staff support to increase their participation in the activities of their daily lives. Direct Support professionals assist individuals in participating in daily and weekly activities such as shopping, exercising, personal interests and hobbies and other desired activities. Direct Support Professionals advocate for individuals to be integrated into community life.
Mobile Crisis Therapist and Case Manager:
Seeking applicants in Cortland, Cayuga, Oswego, Onondaga, and Madison Counties. Per diem after-hour crisis intervention from 5pm-12am Monday – Friday, and 6am-12am on Weekends.
• Effectively performs crisis intervention including de-escalation, crisis planning and implementation.
• Competently makes decisions about the need for an emergency petition and/or alternative psychiatric evaluation.
• Utilizes diagnostic and assessment information, crisis care plan in collaboration with the mobile crisis team.
• Maintains effective professional relationships with other service providers and community organizations in the interest of clients’ and program goals.
Click here to search “Mobile Crisis” for more details and requirements.
Personal Care Aides
The Personal Care Aide assists clients and families with personal care and home management to reach the highest level of functioning in these areas. No Experience Necessary. Job Training Provided.
Required skills and abilities:
- Ability to provide direct care according to the established plan of care.
- Ability to carry out a variety of treatments and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Sensitive to cultural differences and able to incorporate that understanding into service provision.
- Able to lift greater than 50 lbs. on a regular basis throughout the work day.
$200 Sign-on Bonus for Currently Certified PCAs*
Click here to search “Personal Care Aide” to apply.
*Required immunizations and a physical health assessment within the past year are required to be eligible for the sign-on bonus.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will provide health care to individuals diagnosed with mental illness, alcoholism, chemical dependency or substance abuse and perform other tasks and responsibilities within the framework of therapeutic counseling, health monitoring and screening, and the provision of supportive and mental health care.
Must have a certificate and current registration to practice as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in New York State to perform interviews, health histories, mental status assessments, and diagnostic tests to determine diagnosis and current mental health status of clients and provides medical crisis intervention/counseling as required by direct visitation or telephone contact. Completes evaluations, medication reviews, and care plans, reviews and progress reports.
Click here to search “Nurse Practitioner” or Search Job Req ID: 621 to apply.
The MST Therapist focuses on providing home based treatment to families with a child (ages 12-17) who is currently at risk of out-of-home placement. The MST program is designed to prevent foster care or OCFS placement or replacement of identified youth.
Therapist collaborate with family members, DSS and OCFS staff and Probation staff in providing treatment to youth and family, sharing progress and reaching treatment goals. Utilizes diagnostic and assessment information, develops preliminary and comprehensive weekly treatment plans in collaboration with client system and MST clinical supervisor.
Liberty Resources currently has MST programs in Onondaga, Tompkins and Tioga counties in New York state as well as Nueces County in Texas.
Click here to search “MST” to find current openings and locations.
Liberty Resources is a great place to work! Search our current job openings